Sunday, September 16, 2012

Winter Talks TNA Departure, Knockouts Title Switch

Former TNA Knockout, Winter, real name Katarina Waters, spoke for the first time this week about her departure from the company.

Waters’ contract with TNA expired on September 5th and was not renewed by the company (she was not released as reported elsewhere).

Speaking of her departure, Waters reveals to the “Running the Ropes” podcast that she plans on transitioning to a career in acting rather than wrestling, saying:

I’m happier because I’m making the transition into acting to where I don’t want to be restricted by contacts or obligations to a wrestling company. I still love wrestling but in terms of having a career, I’m not going to have a career in wrestling now, I’m going to have a career in acting. I don’t want a thing that could stand in the way of that number one, and number two, I don’t want to constantly be on the road and constantly traveling for wrestling as I don’t want to get injured.
 
Waters also addresses her very brief run with the Knockouts Title last year, including the much criticized “hot potato” of the championship between several talents including herself, Mickie James and Velvet Sky.

She says:

Honestly, I thought it was kind of pointless with the little switch-a-roo in between. Sometimes it’s worth building the storyline with one person holding the championship for a little longer. The same thing happened when Velvet (Sky) won it (at Bound For Glory), she was built up at the top babyface and finally she won it and she dropped it immediately and I felt like it was kind of weird.
 
You can listen to the chat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment